Author Topic: Predator mx13  (Read 6048 times)

Offline STICK-MAN

• Anchovy
Predator mx13
« on: June 22, 2014, 06:43 PM »
Got to take her out for the first time this morning in the bay to see how it handles and see if this stand up while fishing thing would work.  Just as the videos had showed the stand up feature on the yak is as good as advertised, I'm 6"5 and had no probles moving around and standing up very stable when conditions permit.  Leg room was more than enough and the lawn chair style seat was very comfy.  I'm Runnin the lowrance elite 7 hdi powered by a werker 12v 14 amp/hr battery ran it on the brightest setting for 4 hrs and had no problem. Rod holders are the Scotty rocket launchers and the FF mount is made by ram overall can't wait to get this thing out again and this time get into some fish I only got one cabezon but it was short, I did have one drawback and that was the FF  I have used it in the past externally and it worked great but with it being inside the hull this time it read temperature and depth good but that was it I confirmed it with the fish I caught playing with him underneath me it never showed up so I gotta fix that.

Offline Sin Coast

• Lingcod
  • 64lbs of butt!
Re: Predator mx13
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 04:37 PM »
Looks slick! How do you have the transducer installed?

Offline RHYAK

• Kayak Safety 1st
  • Administrator
  • White Seabass
  • S.K.
    • CCKF
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 05:29 PM »
Very cool, sweet looking rig
1st place 2015 Angler of the Year
1st place Estero Bay Challenge 2

Offline Jling

• Crappie
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 06:31 PM »
sick ride can't wait to see it on the water

Offline STICK-MAN

• Anchovy
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 08:49 PM »
Looks slick! How do you have the transducer installed?

I used duct seal and stuck it inside the hull directly in front of the seat, it was the most level spot I could find.  I had to drill out the center consol latch to accommodate the cords and and currently lookin for a rubber grommet to seal the hole so no water splashes in.  Like I said it read depth great along with bottom contour but marking fish and using the downscan wasn't happening so I gotta work the kinks out a bit.  

Offline Impractical Fishermen

• Dan
  • Halibut
  • A.D.I.D.A.K.F.
    • The Impractical Fishermen
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 09:17 PM »
Nice rig.
Ocean Kayak Trident Prowler 13
Mad River 13 foot Canoe

http://theimpracticalfishermen.com/
http://theimpracticalfishermen/tumblr.com/

Lucid Fishing, Product tester

Offline lopezcador

• Leopard Shark
    • Lopezcador
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 10:02 PM »
hey quite the selection of grommets at Ace Hardware, just yesterday I was checking them out. Great ride.
Estero bay 2015- 10th place 2- fish cat.   Estero bay - 2016 1st place - cabby cat.

Offline Sin Coast

• Lingcod
  • 64lbs of butt!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 12:30 PM »
 Like I said it read depth great along with bottom contour but marking fish and using the downscan wasn't happening so I gotta work the kinks out a bit.  
When I run my DSI unit in 455 or 800kHz...in the ocean...that's all it ever shows. Doesn't matter if I place the transducer directly in the water or inside the hull = same result.

Offline ice man

• Seagull
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 12:44 PM »
Id sure like me one of them yaks. By the way I'm johns step son Isaiah, you went kayaking with me and jling :P.

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 08:54 PM »
Nice lookin sled,  hobie sells a grommet kit, that has like ten different inserts for different wire set ups including lowRance.   

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff       Wildy Thresher 140
                                                            Wildy Radar 135
ProKayakFishing.com fishing team
ACA Member

Offline SeaWeed

• Go Seahawks
  • Thresher Shark
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 08:56 PM »
My transducer like that one. I had to add water around it, and it worked better.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
Perception Swing, Prowler 15, Hobie Outback. Is Three Enough?

Offline CaboBob (aka squawfish)

• Lingcod
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 03:35 PM »
Yes as SeaWeed said try adding water around it, you should see your lure going down as well as mark fish.
Orange Hobie Outback

Offline JK

• Administrator
  • Steelhead
  • Go Get 'Em
    • CCKF
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2014, 05:20 PM »
I had my transducer mounted that way and it eventually came undone from the yak so I just built this swing arm out of PVC.  I have my FF on one of the mounting plates so no holes in the yak ... cables come out from under the front hatch - FF and swing arm can both go into front hatch in case of rough surf landing like last year's tourney.  Don't have any pics of it but I'll try to post some soon
Old Town Predator PDL
Ocean Kayak Trident Ultra 4.3
@JK_CCKF
Team Central Coast Kayak Fishing