Author Topic: Just picked up a used Navigator.  (Read 2838 times)

Offline RG

• Yellow Eye
Just picked up a used Navigator.
« on: August 09, 2015, 11:09 PM »
Just picked up a used Navigator for my wife/son/bro-in-law to use and Im looking to install a hatch in front of the seat and maybe an A hatch at the bow as well as put some rod holders in .. Anyone know who carries cobra accessories? I see there are some cheapy hatches on ebay.. but not sure if I would trust them to be water tight...Whats the best way to get this done? Looking for ideas.. I can probably get by with a 5 gallon bucket with pvc rod holders for the time being..
RG
Ill put a pic of the yak up when I get a chance..
 ;D

Offline RG

• Yellow Eye
Re: Just picked up a used Navigator.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 11:29 PM »
Well took it out in the pool to have my wife and son do some reentries for about 30 minutes.. and when I took it out.. it has a good amount of water in it. Needless to say I returned it and got my money back..  Im glad I tested it out soon after making the purchase.. I am guessing it was a damaged scupper hole.. but I wont know for sure.. Not my problem. Also, the Navigator seemed to be a little less stable than people claim it is. All in all a bad experience.. 45 miles there and back twice to purchase, then return the darn thing..and I bought the kayak from a man who has been selling kayaks since the early 90s...not some leisure kayaker.. I was surprised he hadnt tested the yak before selling it to me.  Lesson learned. Now I am back on the hunt.. for something else.  :'(

Offline lopezcador

• Leopard Shark
    • Lopezcador
Re: Just picked up a used Navigator.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 12:34 PM »
  RG, sometimes one has to do what you have to do, good call to return it before you hit the salt in it.
Estero bay 2015- 10th place 2- fish cat.   Estero bay - 2016 1st place - cabby cat.