Author Topic: Leffingwell vs MDO vs Shell Beach vs ?  (Read 7216 times)

Offline onthewater

• Mackeral
Leffingwell vs MDO vs Shell Beach vs ?
« on: December 04, 2015, 03:32 PM »
These seem to be the main 'hotspots' for kayakers in this area to target rockfish....

I'm sure people go to them for different reasons, maybe some are closer to their house, etc.

Which of the 3 is the best fishing, and why? Are there other local spots that are better fishing that I'm missing?

« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:36 PM by onthewater »

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
Re: Leffingwell vs MDO vs Shell Beach vs ?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 04:26 PM »
Out of the three shell would be my number 3.  It would be a toss up for the other two. Both can produce epic days, and it is not that shell can't, just that it does not do it nearly as consistent as MDO and Leff, IMO.  There are some other good launch spots as well, check out the rest of this board for some more detailed info. 

Andy

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff       Wildy Thresher 140
                                                            Wildy Radar 135
ProKayakFishing.com fishing team
ACA Member

Offline Ryanimpreza

• Lingcod
  • Prostaff- prokayakfishing.com / Anetik.com
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 06:13 PM »
Out of the three shell would be my number 3.  It would be a toss up for the other two. Both can produce epic days, and it is not that shell can't, just that it does not do it nearly as consistent as MDO and Leff, IMO.  There are some other good launch spots as well, check out the rest of this board for some more detailed info. 

Andy
I agree with Andy on this
2015 red hobie outback
Instagram.........above the hook productions
3rd place 2015 AOTY
2nd place 2016 AOTY

Offline billydog

• Halibut
  • lets go fishing
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 07:01 PM »
last year I fished windmills and killed it I (let most go) this year I fished leff and mdo and winds only a few times the difference MDO is real the drift ,wind and its deep sea real fast,leff its the same but can be more mello then pull a can of whoop ass fast. windmills and shell beach are more subdued . on a side note my biggist fish was at windmills   
when im on the water im free lake ocean river its all good

Offline PacificViking

• Canary
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 01:03 AM »
Every one has their own favorites for difrent reasons. If you just looking for an easy place to catch fish I would head to Leff.

Offline onthewater

• Mackeral
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 11:41 AM »
last year I fished windmills and killed it I (let most go) this year I fished leff and mdo and winds only a few times the difference MDO is real the drift ,wind and its deep sea real fast,leff its the same but can be more mello then pull a can of whoop ass fast. windmills and shell beach are more subdued . on a side note my biggist fish was at windmills

Thanks for adding windmills.

All great advice guys! Thanks!