Author Topic: Small vermilions/kayak fishing help  (Read 155 times)

Offline brianjpena

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
Small vermilions/kayak fishing help
« on: March 27, 2018, 01:06 PM »
Hey everyone,

Hope everyone is already having an awesome season! Just to give you a little intro, I am a graduate student from Cal State University Northridge and I am doing a life history study on vermilion rockfish. 

Iím collecting any small vermilion carcasses less than 15 inches. It would be extremely awesome if you were able to save them in your freezer and contact me to pick them up! I know I'm might asking for a lot but it would be for awesome research on a very beautiful fish that we still do not know much about. I will also acknowledge your support of this study. If you could also spread the word to those who would like to support the study and would be acknowledged for their help.

Please let me know if you're interested in helping by emailing me at brian.pena.68@my.csun.edu.

Lastly, I am looking into buying a new rod for kayak fishing. I would love to get some tips on the type of rod would be best to bring on a kayak. I realized my fishing gear is too big to bring aboard and keeps slipping off.

Thanks!!!