Author Topic: Hobie Compass  (Read 302 times)

Offline StuManChu

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
Hobie Compass
« on: July 27, 2018, 02:09 PM »
Driving up to Stockton tomorrow to pickup a Compass and was wondering if anyone here has one and your thoughts on them. It has the price point I'm looking for even with the upgraded 180 turbo drive system. Also very excited about the Hobie beach wheels I'm getting with it. That MDO drag kicks my butt. Thanks.

Offline Str8shooter

• Surf Perch
Re: Hobie Compass
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 08:46 PM »
You getting the "large" beach wheels?  Best way to go.
2016 Hobie PA14

Offline StuManChu

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 08:55 PM »
Yes I did. Taking it down to the river tomorrow  morning for a test run. Can't wait to  get it on the ocean.

Offline StuManChu

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 08:54 AM »
Took it out yesterday and am really impressed. My previous yak is an Ascend FST12 and while it is a fine craft the Hobie really is a step up. I upgraded the drive system to the 180 Turbo and am glad I did. Well worth the extra money. Not a lot of bells and whistles on the yak itself which is how they can keep the price point lower, but it gives you the option of adding exactly what you want. My buddy just picked up an Outback and is equally as pleased as I am. Having the pedal drive is a real game changer for me and my fishing.

Offline dtorres23

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 12:42 PM »
I love my Compass! Handles very well in the ocean. Stability on this thing is amazing!