Author Topic: New to CCKF  (Read 1664 times)

Offline Zwaterman

• Mackeral
  • CCKF Lifestyle
New to CCKF
« on: March 05, 2017, 06:56 PM »
Hello all,
My name is Zach. Just getting back into kayak fishing. I used to fish out of my Scramblers years ago, but just bought myself a new Wilderness Systems Radar 135.(from the boys at Central Coast Kayaks). I am primarily going to be Bass fishing but will occasionally venture out into the ocean. I hit Lopez the day I bought my boat. I can not wait for the weather to warm up a bit so I can fish some of the other local lakes, now that we have been graced by some good rains.
Anywho, I just wanted to say hello. See ya on the water.

Offline mxnocean

• Catfish
  • saltwater junkie
Re: New to CCKF
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 07:32 PM »
Hell yeah welcome brotha, I'm justin and there are a lot of good guys and gals on here. I like the lakes but ocean is my playground. Hit me up let's fish and welcome to the forum
Doing what you like is freedom, liking what you do is happiness

Offline Derrick A2H

• Addicted2theHook
  • Administrator
  • Halibut
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 08:47 PM »
Welcome Zach, ive yet to fish lopez maybe this year ill make a run for some of their large red ears

Offline RHYAK

• Kayak Safety 1st
  • Administrator
  • White Seabass
  • S.K.
    • CCKF
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 02:20 PM »
Hello all,
My name is Zach. Just getting back into kayak fishing. I used to fish out of my Scramblers years ago, but just bought myself a new Wilderness Systems Radar 135.(from the boys at Central Coast Kayaks). I am primarily going to be Bass fishing but will occasionally venture out into the ocean. I hit Lopez the day I bought my boat. I can not wait for the weather to warm up a bit so I can fish some of the other local lakes, now that we have been graced by some good rains.
Anywho, I just wanted to say hello. See ya on the water.

Welcome to CCKF.NET
Make sure to post when your heading out if your ever looking for company.
FINS Quality Braided Lines Pro-Staff
Shark Shield Pro-Staff
Pro-Cure Pro-Staff
Pacific Lures Pro Staff
Big Hammer VIP
1st place 2015 Angler of the Year
1st place Estero Bay Challenge 2

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 08:49 PM »
Welcome aboard Zach,

Great choice on the boat!  looking forward to seeing some reports.  hope to see you on the salt sometime too!

Andy

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff     
AT Paddles Pro Staff
ProKayakFishing.com Pro Staff
ACA Member

Offline surfbrewer

• Halibut
  • PRO Kayak Fishing - "We know kayak fishing!"
    • PRO Kayak Fishing
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 10:38 PM »
Welcome to the group and thanks for shopping with us, Zach! Looking forward to fishing with you!

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff 
Adventure Technology Paddles Pro Staff
Felton Lures Pro Staff

Wildy Radar 135 Pedal Drive
Wildy Tarpon 130X
Wildy Thresher 140

Co-Owner
PRO Kayak Fishing
Central Coast Kayaks

Shop local and help support the businesses that support you all year long.

Offline Zwaterman

• Mackeral
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 11:10 AM »
Welcome to the group and thanks for shopping with us, Zach! Looking forward to fishing with you!
It was great to have a local shop to buy from. You have a customer for life! You will see me on the water for sure. I am certain Dogpound will get me out on the salt with you all. I am planning to head to MDO for the opener, just to get back in the ocean and get some good eating fish. Truthfully Ocean fish is the only fish I enjoy eating. I am catch and release only in the freshwater, unless I deep hook a trout and it is going to die anyway.

Offline Zwaterman

• Mackeral
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 11:12 AM »
Welcome aboard Zach,

Great choice on the boat!  looking forward to seeing some reports.  hope to see you on the salt sometime too!

Andy
Thanks for all the good info on choosing my boat! I will post reports whenever I go out.

Offline Zwaterman

• Mackeral
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2017, 11:16 AM »
Hell yeah welcome brotha, I'm justin and there are a lot of good guys and gals on here. I like the lakes but ocean is my playground. Hit me up let's fish and welcome to the forum
I will be taking you up on that offer at some point. I am still in the process of rigging out my Yak(does it ever really end?) but when I get the right gear, I will make a few jaunts to the ocean. I am planning on MDO for the opener, but I dont know how many people are going to be there. I won't roll solo unless I get a VHF but would like to have one before the opener even if there are other people out.

Offline mxnocean

• Catfish
  • saltwater junkie
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 11:17 PM »
There should be a decent group at mdo on the 1st. And far as rigging. It truly doesnt end. But you dont need much to get some rockies ;)
Doing what you like is freedom, liking what you do is happiness

Offline justpaulwilliamsjr

• Largemouth Bass
  • Instagram @justpaulwilliamsjr
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 08:26 AM »
Welcome to the group, see you OTW.
You Tube- "Above the Hook" Co-Founder
ProKayak Fishing- Pro Staff
RealisticWraps- Pro Staff

Offline Big_Mac

• Vermillion
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 11:30 AM »
Welcome!
I love fishing.  You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end.  Your imagination is under there.  ~Robert Altman