Author Topic: Central Coast Slam Down IV ~ Congrats Brian Valenzuela ~ 9-19-15  (Read 56879 times)

Offline billydog

• pline+
  • Salmon
  • lets go fishing
Re: Central Coast Slam Down IV ~~~ September 19th, 2015
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 10:15 PM »
? I don't get it WE ALL are cckf  not liking this ! why change a good thing some local guys as I are on the ropes I really don't get it are you guys counting on hundreds to hit this event
when im on the water im free.me and my FERNZY

Online RHYAK

• Kayak Safety 1st
  • Administrator
  • White Seabass
  • Tight Lines
    • CCKF
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 10:41 PM »
? I don't get it WE ALL are cckf  not liking this ! why change a good thing some local guys as I are on the ropes I really don't get it are you guys counting on hundreds to hit this event

Political.. this is not only a fisherman event, but a family event for the weekend. That being said there is no coastal spot that allows the number of people we have had in the past and will continue to have at these events.

See ya there Billy

RH
FINS Quality Braided Lines Pro-Staff
Shark Shield Pro-Staff
Pro-Cure Pro-Staff
Pacific Lures Pro Staff
Big Hammer VIP
1st place 2015 Angler of the Year
1st place Estero Bay Challenge 2

Offline allwet

• Striper
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 11:16 PM »
I can't wait!!! Seems like a great idea. I may still fish Cambria, but there is a trade off the father you go away from El Chorro the longer the drive is back and potentially less time to fish. If you are brave enough you could even go into elephant seal territory.
Sharpening hooks

Offline SeaWeed

• Go Seahawks
  • Thresher Shark
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 01:31 AM »
Site booked full hookup #6
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
Perception Swing, Prowler 15, Hobie Outback. Is Three Enough?

Offline lopezcador

• Steelhead
    • Lopezcador
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 09:26 AM »
Hey sometimes change is good, this new aspect will make the whole Central Coast one hot fishing spot for the tournament. Just think of the possibilities---Leff, MDO, Windmills, and the many other spots. Just makes one wonder--where to choose.  I'm in.
Estero bay 2015- 10th place 2- fish cat.   Estero bay - 2016 1st place - cabby cat.

Offline LOpaddler

• Smallmouth Bass
  • L.O. Hawg Squad, Deep 6 Kayak Fishing
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2015, 11:31 AM »
Right on, I am in.
Wildy Ride 115X Max

Offline FlyYaker

• "My biggest worry is my wife (when I'm dead) will try to sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it..."
  • Cabazon
  • Get off the couch. Lets go!
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2015, 05:05 PM »
Got a site booked. C-7 get as close as you want ...or don't want. :-*
Scott K.
Custom Kraken 15.5 Elite
Grey Cobra F&D
Urban Camo Predator 13
Grey Cobra XL (Leaks from the bite marks)
Channel 68

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2015, 05:06 PM »
I understand where some guys are coming from about changing a good thing, But this change I think is necessary and for the better.  As Ryan mentioned there really is no good launch spot to accommodate the amount of people we will have, and not just fisherman but everybody that comes for the awards afterward, family friends etc.... I think having multiple launch spots helps alleviate the congestion and lessens the impact on the fishery.  I am not saying that having the tournament in one place for one day will wipe out the fishery or anything like that, but it can't hurt to have the participants spread over a wider area.  I think it adds a little strategy or at least tournament time management to the mix.  I think we will have a lot of anglers, as this tourney after three short years has become one of the largest on the west coast and will only continue to grow, and since this tourney is does raise funds for HOW I think that is a good thing.  And the spread out format allows guys to fish where they like and when they like.  I am looking forward to it and I think everyone will see that this tournament evolves and improves every year and this year will be better than the last.
Just MHO

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff     
AT Paddles Pro Staff
ProKayakFishing.com Pro Staff
ACA Member

Offline Ryanimpreza

• Lingcod
  • Pro kayak fishing / realistic wraps prostaff
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 08:34 PM »
I understand where some guys are coming from about changing a good thing, But this change I think is necessary and for the better.  As Ryan mentioned there really is no good launch spot to accommodate the amount of people we will have, and not just fisherman but everybody that comes for the awards afterward, family friends etc.... I think having multiple launch spots helps alleviate the congestion and lessens the impact on the fishery.  I am not saying that having the tournament in one place for one day will wipe out the fishery or anything like that, but it can't hurt to have the participants spread over a wider area.  I think it adds a little strategy or at least tournament time management to the mix.  I think we will have a lot of anglers, as this tourney after three short years has become one of the largest on the west coast and will only continue to grow, and since this tourney is does raise funds for HOW I think that is a good thing.  And the spread out format allows guys to fish where they like and when they like.  I am looking forward to it and I think everyone will see that this tournament evolves and improves every year and this year will be better than the last.
Just MHO
well said Andy.
2015 red hobie outback
Instagram.........ryanimpreza
3rd place 2015 AOTY
2nd place 2016 AOTY

Offline RipTide aka Cor-Dawg

• Yellow Eye
  • Get Some Action!
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2015, 09:41 PM »
But how will anyone control launch times and people sharing bags? Seems to easy that way
«˘obra ° ˘ommanders» ™
8th place in CCSD-IV
*RipTide* 2006 21'20 Parker

Offline SeaWeed

• Go Seahawks
  • Thresher Shark
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2015, 09:43 PM »
Just MHO
well said Andy.

What he said
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Offline SeaWeed

• Go Seahawks
  • Thresher Shark
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 09:47 PM »
But how will anyone control launch times and people sharing bags? Seems to easy that way

Easy Check in at 6:00, Return is set. Leave time of the Park should be a set time as well.

Online RHYAK

• Kayak Safety 1st
  • Administrator
  • White Seabass
  • Tight Lines
    • CCKF
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 09:56 PM »

How does a bass tournament control sharing if bags when 10,000 is on the line. Even at a one spot location, cheaters will cheat. Fortunately I have faith in the kayak community.
FINS Quality Braided Lines Pro-Staff
Shark Shield Pro-Staff
Pro-Cure Pro-Staff
Pacific Lures Pro Staff
Big Hammer VIP
1st place 2015 Angler of the Year
1st place Estero Bay Challenge 2

Offline Shogunofthecity

• Smallmouth Bass
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2015, 11:06 PM »
I support the changes and am really looking forward to the event.  Sounds like the Slam Down is taking over the West Coast!!!

Online Derrick A2H

• Addicted2theHook
  • Administrator
  • Halibut
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2015, 07:04 PM »

How does a bass tournament control sharing if bags when 10,000 is on the line. Even at a one spot location, cheaters will cheat. Fortunately I have faith in the kayak community.

I will bring the departments lie detector with me and we will question the person who wins first place. If you lie you will be water boarded.