Author Topic: The console on the ride 115x  (Read 3574 times)

Offline Evans007

• Bluegill
The console on the ride 115x
« on: September 08, 2014, 08:54 PM »
Hi all..

New to Kayak fishing, been out a few times on my buddy's loaner, and now I've purchased my own.
I've ordered the Wilderness systems ride 115X from Dennis out at Kayak Horizons in Morro Bay. I don't have it yet, but Dennis told me I'm getting the new Hi-low seat with mine and it ships sometime this month. lowrance ready console,this thing looks pretty cool, but I need some advice getting a fish finder set up since I've never owned one. I'm considering the new Lowrance elite 3x for my first unit. Comes with the transducer and cables , etc.. what of the battery? Says it uses a 12 volt . What should I get and what kind of charger should I get for it? Any suggestions you guys have for me would be greatly appreciated. (How to install flush mount rod holders, suggestions on how to transport with a truck, etc.. )  I've only fished out of shell beach a few times and I really liked it ! Now I live in Paso, so I guess cambria , San Simeon and Cayucos would be closest for me to fish. oh, and I ordered my boat in the "midnight" cameo pattern.
Thanks  folks , any input would be greatly appreciated !

Offline SeaWeed

• Go Seahawks
  • Thresher Shark
Re: The console on the ride 115x
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 09:10 PM »
I would get the wire bushing kit from Hobie. That is if you run wires through drilled holes. I think they are water tight. If you want to see them come by, I live in Paso.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
Perception Swing, Prowler 15, Hobie Outback. Is Three Enough?

Offline surfbrewer

• Halibut
  • PRO Kayak Fishing - "We know kayak fishing!"
    • PRO Kayak Fishing
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 09:53 PM »
Right on Dude! Glad to see another Ride hitting the water. I have the 115X and I can help you get that FF set up. I know it says "Lowrance ready" but you can put any brand on/in there. I have a humminbird on mine. Not saying you shouldn't get a Lowrance they are nice units for sure, just saying if you want something else you are not limited. For the battery I use a 12 volt, 7 amp hour (ah) battery from Batteries +. They have a store in SLO and you can get the charger there as well. Let me know when you get it and we can get together. I'm get the new Wilderness Systems Thresher soon and will be doing some rigging too. You are gonna love that seat and I like that new midnight color, you should have the only with that color locally I believe...

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff 
Adventure Technology Paddles Pro Staff
Felton Lures Pro Staff

Wildy Radar 135 Pedal Drive
Wildy Tarpon 130X
Wildy Thresher 140

Co-Owner
PRO Kayak Fishing
Central Coast Kayaks

Shop local and help support the businesses that support you all year long.

Offline Evans007

• Bluegill
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 08:05 AM »
Thanks dude that sound cool ! The thresher looks pretty bad ass took can't wait to see it. So, batteries + ? Where are they and do they have an online store ?

Offline surfbrewer

• Halibut
    • PRO Kayak Fishing
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 08:33 AM »
Don't know about an online store but they are located on Madonna road in the same little center where Applebee's is. Some folks like a higher amp hour battery but I have never had my 7 amp die on me.

Felton Lures Pro Staff

Wildy Tarpon 130X
Wildy Thresher 140

Co-Owner
PRO Kayak Fishing
Central Coast Kayaks

Offline Evans007

• Bluegill
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 09:18 PM »
7amp is plenty ? What do folks normally use if not 7amp ? And I know where that area is , I'll go check it out.

Offline surfbrewer

• Halibut
    • PRO Kayak Fishing
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 08:41 AM »
My understanding, and if I'm wrong someone please correct me, but the amp hours is "basically" how long it will last on a full charge. 8 amp hours = 8 hours run time. Like I said my 7 amp has lasted for a full day of fishing. They are all the same dimensions so just decide what size you want. Here is the link from batteries plus:

http://www.batteriesplus.com/products/100085-1/102629-SLA-Sealed-Lead-Acid-Batteries/102645-Werker/12V/1.aspx

Felton Lures Pro Staff

Wildy Tarpon 130X
Wildy Thresher 140

Co-Owner
PRO Kayak Fishing
Central Coast Kayaks