Author Topic: Sheepshead recipe wanted  (Read 602 times)

Offline hook

• Sanddab
Sheepshead recipe wanted
« on: November 30, 2016, 06:21 PM »
Have a few fillets of this fish and heard it was excellent for the table" I tried a butter/garlic sauté ,Lemmon pepper seasoning, broiled. It seemed just ok. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Dennis

Offline Zodiacker

• Another Capricorn
  • Steelhead
  • I Zod Out
Re: Sheepshead recipe wanted
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 07:09 AM »
I read on NCKA that Sheepshead is the preferred fish for Cebiche'.

I tried it and can give it a thumbs up!  :)

Also, look up recipes for Tautog (blackfish) = the east coast's version of sheepshead. Makes great soup stock "if" done correctly.

I Zod Out
Becoming a better waterman and kayaker should be more of a target to focus on than catching fish. The fish will always be around, but will you?

Offline Big_Mac

• Catfish
  • CCKF Lifestyle
Re: Sheepshead recipe wanted
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 03:20 PM »
Hook...

If you like spicy I strongly encourage you to try my recipe for baked cabby with a Siracha/bread crumb crust. It's very easy and quick. It should work with any meaty fish like the sheepshead. I have had it on our local rockfish...ling and cabby. It was good on all of them. If you don't like spicy, just keep out the Siracha. Have it with some fries and a salad and call it a day. Good luck! http://centralcoastkayakfishing.com/cckf/index.php?topic=5197.0
I love fishing.  You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end.  Your imagination is under there.  ~Robert Altman