Author Topic: Native Manta Ray 14  (Read 2298 times)

Offline HAPPYDAD

• Anchovy
Native Manta Ray 14
« on: February 27, 2015, 04:23 PM »
Does anyone have any info on these kayaks? I am thanking of buying this 14 foot manta ray but I have never been on one is it good in ocean this would be my first kayak need one that is stable with fair storage money is tight but I want to get ready for the fishing season maybe some of you out there might have so thoughts of what might be a better first time kayak I have looked at a stelth 12 from malibu I like that style but it is more dollars Thanks for your imput!!!

Offline surfbrewer

• Halibut
  • PRO Kayak Fishing - "We know kayak fishing!"
    • PRO Kayak Fishing
Re: Native Manta Ray 14
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 07:26 PM »
I don't have any experience with Native kayaks. From photos they look nice but looking at the Manta I wouldn't say it is offering much in the way of storage. Here is my opinion on buying a kayak. If you have been kayaking for awhile and know what you are looking for as far as speed, stability, storage, and comfort then buy a new kayak offering the features you are looking for. If you are new to kayaking and especially if money is tight by used off of Craigslist. If you cour CL there are smoking good deals to be had there all the time. Often you can get a really good used kayak for a good price that comes with a seat, paddle, rod holders, and even a fishfinder sometimes. Stick with the bigger brands of Ocean Kayak, Wilderness Systems, Malibu, and Cobra and you will be happy. That's just my .02 but I think most would agree. A quick search of CL turned up these...

http://slo.craigslist.org/spo/4908525465.html

http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/boa/4894239058.html

I see the Manta Ray I assume you are looking at - http://fresno.craigslist.org/spo/4877522923.html - For $500 probably not a bad deal.

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff 
Adventure Technology Paddles Pro Staff
Felton Lures Pro Staff

Wildy Radar 135 Pedal Drive
Wildy Tarpon 130X
Wildy Thresher 140

Co-Owner
PRO Kayak Fishing
Central Coast Kayaks

Shop local and help support the businesses that support you all year long.

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 09:31 PM »
I don't know much about native yaks, it looks like a decent yak.  I do know that those two yaks surfbrewer posted are proven boats for ocean use, would definitely be worth checking out.

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff       Wildy Thresher 140
AT Paddles Pro Staff.                      Wildy Radar 135
ProKayakFishing.com Pro Staff
ACA Member

Offline billydog

• Salmon
  • lets go fishing
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 08:43 AM »
I have the t13 and love it when coming in with surf your polls fit inside no problem if ever want to try it out im on the coast
when im on the water im free lake ocean river its all good

Offline HAPPYDAD

• Anchovy
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 03:02 PM »
Thanks for the replys fellows, I think I am going to take you all,s advise and get one of the models that has been proven.I have no experence on yaks yet so I need to depend on those who do have. I really like the malibu yaks like the stelth or the x factor.I am hoping to have it before spring gets here and meeting some of you guys in person O.T.W. This sight has really helped me alot to get started in this sport with all the post and great videos & pic. Thanks Again

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 03:32 PM »
If you are interested in the malibu's talk to Brett with Total Kayak Obsessions.  He is a dealer for them down in newbury park, and usually has some good deals, he is also on the site and a sponsor of the slam down. 

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff       Wildy Thresher 140
AT Paddles Pro Staff.                      Wildy Radar 135
ProKayakFishing.com Pro Staff
ACA Member