Author Topic: Baked cabezon with Siracha/bread crumb crust  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Big_Mac

• Striper
  • CCKF Lifestyle
Baked cabezon with Siracha/bread crumb crust
« on: November 01, 2016, 12:10 AM »
I had to share this with you guys. I'm sorry in advance that I did not take pictures of the final result. It only came to me after eating this fish that I should have taken a pic or two. I wanted to eat some cabby. I just didn't want to have the same old fish-n-chips again. I wanted something savory/spicy. There is a place in town that uses something like the following recipe for one of their baked rolls covered in prawns.

Anyways... here is what you do.

1.Preheat oven to 400F

2. Lightly salt your cabezon fillet

3. Place fillet in a foil lined metal pan

4. Lightly spread some Siracha Mayo over the tops of the fish. You can buy the Siracha mayo pre-made or you can make your own by just mixing siracha with mayo. If you do the later, you can make it as spicy as you like.

5. Chop up some green onion. Sprinkle the onion on the top of the mayo/fish. Use as much or as little as you like.

6. Spread bread crumbs over the fish. I didn't go too thick with this part. A nice even thin layer will do. My wife has celiac disease so she can't eat regular bread crumbs. She has to eat gluten free. We use ground up rice chex as bread crumbs. It tastes great.

7. I baked mine for 17 minutes. I could see anywhere form 15-20 minutes for this step. Time depends on the thickness of the fillet. Bake until flaky.

That's it!

My wife and I loved it. We will be trying it with some ling and RF pretty soon. I'll probably be putting this on a bed of rice next time too. If you have little ones that aren't into spicy, you can minus the siracha and just cover the fish with plain mayo.

I'll be sure to post a pic the next time I make it.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 12:15 AM by Big_Mac »

I love fishing.  You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end.  Your imagination is under there.  ~Robert Altman

Offline RHYAK

• Kayak Safety 1st
  • Administrator
  • White Seabass
  • S.K.
    • CCKF
Re: Baked cabezon with Siracha/bread crumb crust
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 09:37 AM »
Sounds great, always looking for new ways to cook those things.
1st place 2015 Angler of the Year
1st place Estero Bay Challenge 2

Offline lopezcador

• Yellow Eye
    • Lopezcador
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 07:57 PM »
Sounds yummy
Estero bay 2015- 10th place 2- fish cat.   Estero bay - 2016 1st place - cabby cat.

Offline Fish n fire

• Gopher
  • Rip sum lip
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 08:09 AM »
That sounds pretty tasty. I wonder how Pablo bread crumbs would work. Now we just need the swell to settle down so we can get out there.