Author Topic: new Predator PDL  (Read 2237 times)

Offline boogieman

• Predator PDL/tandem/Minn Kota-Pismo Gizmo
  • Mackeral
  • CCKF Lifestyle
new Predator PDL
« on: September 21, 2016, 06:33 PM »
Just got the first central coast Predator PDL from Bill at Pismo Beach Surf Shop.  Ordering lots of stuff, will be posting pictures soon.  Seting it up with a second seat for fresh water use so the "Admiral" can go with when she wants.  Ordered a 40# Minn Kota which I plan to shorten the shaft and make a mount system to swap with the pedal system on occasion.  Think I'll call it the "Predator Pismo Gismo" after all my mods. 

Bill and I did a shake down at Avila Beach sunday and it was NICE/FAST/STABLE/COMFORTABLE.  With the 500# payload should work fine as a tandem in calm water.  Love the "Black Cherry" color.

Old Town Predator PDL "Pismo Gismo"

Offline lopezcador

• Yellow Eye
    • Lopezcador
Re: new Predator PDL
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 09:32 PM »
Can't wait for the pic's
Estero bay 2015- 10th place 2- fish cat.   Estero bay - 2016 1st place - cabby cat.

Offline boogieman

• Mackeral
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 07:51 AM »
Seat should be here monday.  So far I mounted my Lawrence Hook 7 transducer underneath scupper in the slot without any bracket.  Just used marine goop then some canned door sealing foam in the scupper, covered transducer withwith gorilla tape over hull bottom and let it sit to cure.  Not real pretty but that was the only way I could get it fairly flush to the hull bottom.  I "roughed up" the hull first where the marine goop would contact hopeing that will help it stick. 

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 09:43 PM »
Congrats on the new sled. 

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff       Wildy Thresher 140
AT Paddles Pro Staff.                      Wildy Radar 135
ProKayakFishing.com Pro Staff
ACA Member

Offline boogieman

• Mackeral
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2016, 08:05 PM »
Took "Pismo Gismo" Predator PDL (with custom Minn Kota pod) to Shaver Lake for a sea trial.  Ran all over the lake for 4 hrs with battery "juice" left.  Ran up to 4.49 MPH max speed.  Avg speed around 2.5 mph for the day - Trolls nice at any speed.  Fishing was slow but everything else was great.