Author Topic: New to CCKF  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Chacon

• Sanddab
  • About to get my first fishing tattoo..
New to CCKF
« on: March 19, 2017, 05:43 PM »
Hey guys,

New to CCKF. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Greg and I am just getting into kayak fishing. Picking up my predator old town tomorrow. I plan on going out April 1st if weather permits it. I have been rock cod fishing off a charter a handful of times but nothing like this. Extremely excited. Grew up fishing for Bass/Trout on multiple lakes throughout California. I love stream fishing as well. Live in the Paso Robles/Templeton area and it takes me about 20 minutes to get from my house to the ocean. Plan on really going after the rock cod fishing this year and making it a weekend thing. Definitely want to meet up with some more experienced kayak fishermen and learn the ropes. Anyone wanting to team up, please let me know. I honestly think this website is an amazing idea. Especially the all year fishing tournament!!

Thank you
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:31 PM by Dogpound »

Offline mxnocean

• Catfish
  • saltwater junkie
Re: New to CCFK
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 07:00 PM »
Welcome to the group. A lot of good guys on here. Have any questions pm me
Doing what you like is freedom, liking what you do is happiness

Offline Big_Mac

• Vermillion
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 05:59 PM »
Welcome to the group! I'm pretty new to kayaking myself. I live a little North of you in San Miguel. I'd be happy to meet up with you sometime. If I'm not traveling around with the family in the RV or at work, I'm out on the water. If you have any questions just let me know. That is....if you don't find the answers on here. There is a ton of knowledgeable people on here. The big difference on this forum is that there are really nice people on here that love giving advice without being stuck-up know-it-alls.
I love fishing.  You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end.  Your imagination is under there.  ~Robert Altman

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 07:28 PM »
Welcome aboard Greg!  Definitely a lot of good people on the site that are happy to fish with anyone.  I recommend checking out the safety thread and look at the gear you have and what you may need to pick up before that first ocean trip. 

Tight lines!
Andy

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff       Wildy Thresher 140
AT Paddles Pro Staff.                      Wildy Radar 135
ProKayakFishing.com Pro Staff
ACA Member

Offline Chacon

• Sanddab
  • About to get my first fishing tattoo..
Re: New to CCKF
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 07:41 PM »
Sounds good guys. If weather permits and I get all my safety gear squared away, I'd like to go out the 1st or 2nd. Being brand new to fishing off a kayak in the ocean I would definitely want to team up with a few experienced kayakers. Let me know if anyone is ok with a Newbie tagging along. All my tackle is in good order, just tell me where to drop the line and have my back if a GWS wants to play top of the food chain. Plan on taking the yak on some freshwater this weekend, just to ensure It doesn't take water and to practice getting back onto her a few times. Might even throw in a line.

Offline surfbrewer

• Halibut
  • PRO Kayak Fishing - "We know kayak fishing!"
    • PRO Kayak Fishing
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 08:04 PM »
Sounds like you have most of the boxes checked and you're ready to go. Welcome to the site!

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff 
Adventure Technology Paddles Pro Staff
Felton Lures Pro Staff

Wildy Radar 135 Pedal Drive
Wildy Tarpon 130X
Wildy Thresher 140

Co-Owner
PRO Kayak Fishing
Central Coast Kayaks

Shop local and help support the businesses that support you all year long.

Offline mxnocean

• Catfish
  • saltwater junkie
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2017, 09:52 PM »
Sounds good guys. If weather permits and I get all my safety gear squared away, I'd like to go out the 1st or 2nd. Being brand new to fishing off a kayak in the ocean I would definitely want to team up with a few experienced kayakers. Let me know if anyone is ok with a Newbie tagging along. All my tackle is in good order, just tell me where to drop the line and have my back if a GWS wants to play top of the food chain. Plan on taking the yak on some freshwater this weekend, just to ensure It doesn't take water and to practice getting back onto her a few times. Might even throw in a line.

always enjoy company on the water. The more the funner
Doing what you like is freedom, liking what you do is happiness