Author Topic: Whats your go to rig for lings and rockfish  (Read 3577 times)

Offline Crazyhook

• The soaker
  • Spotted Bass
  • CCKF Lifestyle
Re: Whats your go to rig for lings and rockfish
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 09:25 PM »
This got me excited to test out new stuff so I figured I go back to my fly tying days but way bigger for lingcod. 6oz leadhead and test and play even though a simply big hammer will do the job.
Soaking my bait and no need to wait, bam bam fish on!

Offline PacificViking

• Striper
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 01:59 AM »
Nice man! FlyYaker uses flies for ling cod but a lot lighter so it slowly flutters down.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 02:48 AM by allwet »

Offline Scott

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 12:54 AM »
Awesome work.  I'd like to get into making my own jigs and swimsuits as a hobby one of these days.  So pricey to get started though

Offline Gotya

• Sculpin
  • Practice Catch and Release
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 04:43 PM »
Are you selling those jig?. What weights are they. Would like to try a couple of them. Thanks

Offline Crazyhook

• The soaker
  • Spotted Bass
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 06:32 PM »
Are you selling those jig?. What weights are they. Would like to try a couple of them. Thanks

So far the 2oz works good for the rockfish since it's a slower fall and smaller size. The 6oz works good for the lingcod dropping fast and bigger presentation plus I'm going to try tying a new one tonight with a longer thicker body. I just do it for fun and test out plus to understand these fish as in color, size, and design of what they like. Been catching them on my old setup and works great but always trying to try something new.

Awesome work.  I'd like to get into making my own jigs and swimsuits as a hobby one of these days.  So pricey to get started though

that would be fun, I've seen guys collecting old lead and fisherman's lost weights to turn into new jigs, yeah that's going into the funds to start it up $$$. But it be fun to fish with your own jigs
Soaking my bait and no need to wait, bam bam fish on!