Author Topic: Re-introduction  (Read 65 times)

Offline Night_Hawk

• Night_Hawk
  • Spotted Bass
Re-introduction
« on: November 08, 2017, 05:55 PM »
I am reintroducing myself only because I have been (and am still) out of town since we move to Raleigh, NC in 2014.  But the Discussion board in NC sucks and I miss fishing the West Coast. 
Good fishing here in NC blue catfish in the big lakes, trout, flounder (small halibut like creatures that are harder to catch), Red Drum and BMF Sharks in the intercostal waterway, outside the outer banks has Cobia, Mackerel, and if I can get out further pelagics near the shelf... an now that I have pulled the trigger on a Hobie Island Adventure my ass will be venturing out that way soon.  Unfortunately my wife has that boat locked up (literally has lock on it) until I defend (December 18th), and then deposit my PhD thesis.  Did I mention going pack to school at the age of 39 sucks.
I am planning on coming back to visit friends In the coming year, and would love to make that happen in Sept. when the Slam Down is happening, if anyone can loan a brother a boat for a day that would be sweet.           
Like I mentioned I just bought a Hobie IA (2015) fully rigged and set up for fishing ... I also got the wife what I thought was a used Outback (2015), but still had the sales tags and instructions on/in it (brand new boat).  I wont piss you all off by telling you how much I paid for them, but i will say it would have been worth a plane ticket and car rental for someone from CA to fly out here, buy a used one, and drive it back. 
So i have now switched to the dark side,
I am a meat scientist by trade.  I used to run the Meat Processing Center at Cal Poly.
I recently accepted a position at NCSU as an extension meat processing professor.  So ask me anything about meat, poultry, and of course fish processing. 

Cheers 

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:57 PM by Night_Hawk »

T-14, P-13, H-IA
Tight Lines

Offline surfbrewer

• Halibut
  • PRO Kayak Fishing - "We know kayak fishing!"
    • PRO Kayak Fishing
Re: Re-introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 08:21 AM »
Welcome "back"! Sounds like things are going good for you out there. That catfish is huge! If you end up making it out here for the Slam Down, let me know I've got extra kayaks.

Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff 
Adventure Technology Paddles Pro Staff
Felton Lures Pro Staff

Wildy Radar 135 Pedal Drive
Wildy Tarpon 130X
Wildy Thresher 140

Co-Owner
PRO Kayak Fishing
Central Coast Kayaks

Shop local and help support the businesses that support you all year long.

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
Re: Re-introduction
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 10:08 PM »
Welcome back aboard!  glad things are going well out east.

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff     
AT Paddles Pro Staff
ProKayakFishing.com Pro Staff
ACA Member