Author Topic: FNG  (Read 613 times)

Offline skya297

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
FNG
« on: February 20, 2018, 02:13 PM »
Howdy All,

New guy lurking about...thinking about getting a kayak.  Does anyone have any thoughts about the Lifetime Tamarack 10?  Thinking about using it for the central coast area.  Gets good reviews on you tube and such but I would like to hear from you folks.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
Re: FNG
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 06:13 PM »
Hey Matt,
Welcome aboard!  There are a lot of good kayaks out there, I would say try to demo them before you buy if at all possible.  I am not out to bash any brand, as there are kayaks for all budgets and you don't need anything super expensive to get into the sport.   For a little more than a lifetime you can usually find a good used one or even a new one that I think you would be happier with especially for saltwater applications.   I would highly recommend  to go see Eric or Tom at Central Coast Kayaks in Shell Beach. They know their stuff and have a lot of different brands of new and used kayaks, most of which you can Demo.  They will definitely take care of you.   Hope to see you on the water soon! 

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff       Wildy Thresher 140
AT Paddles Pro Staff.                      Wildy Radar 135
ProKayakFishing.com Pro Staff
ACA Member

Offline RHYAK

• Kayak Safety 1st
  • Administrator
  • White Seabass
  • S.K.
    • CCKF
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 09:43 PM »
Skya297, Welcome to CCKF...

No idea about the Lifetime kayaks but Andy just gave some solid advise, test before you buy.

Tight Lines,
Ryan

1st place 2015 Angler of the Year
1st place Estero Bay Challenge 2

Offline H2joe

• Rainbow Trout
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 10:01 AM »
Howdy All,

New guy lurking about...thinking about getting a kayak.  Does anyone have any thoughts about the Lifetime Tamarack 10?  Thinking about using it for the central coast area.  Gets good reviews on you tube and such but I would like to hear from you folks.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

I think I saw 2 Cobra Navigators for about 300 each on SLO Craigslist.  I see a lot of Cobra's on the water.  Might be a good option.    Don't think I have seen one Tamarak on the ocean, ever.

X2 about testing the kayak, if you get the option.  x2 about buying a quality kayak second hand, opposed to buying a lesser but new kayak.

I wish i would have spent a little more on my first kayak.  I would still be using it.  Instead, it just sits there and I use my others.