Author Topic: Grilling with a TRAEGER grill  (Read 118 times)

Offline Taed

• Lizardfish
  • CCKF Lifestyle
Grilling with a TRAEGER grill
« on: August 03, 2018, 09:06 PM »
Just got a new Traeger grill any secrets cooking fish with it??

Prowler 13
Taed's Orthotics & Prosthetics

Offline mporter91

• Anchovy
  • CCKF Lifestyle
Re: Grilling with a TRAEGER grill
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 08:15 AM »
If you’re going for low and slow (smoking), I suggest alder pellets. You can get em at almost any hardware store. Hot and fast (grilling), type of pellet won’t matter as much, at least in my opinion.

Offline SeaWeed

• Go Seahawks
  • Thresher Shark
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 06:48 PM »
Apple is great to smoke with any sweet fruity wood I have a Green MTN I love it because I can adjust it and check by wifi. Try a Marinated chicken slow cooked. And give it to a friend we did and he said that was a 600.00 chicken because he went and bought one. The best way to buy pellets is a group buy online last time we paid 13.00 for a 40-pound bag I bought 6 should have bought 10 for the yr.
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
Perception Swing, Prowler 15, Hobie Outback. Is Three Enough?

Offline MrPukaShell

• Surf Perch
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 08:28 AM »
Depends on what type of fish you are cooking.  There are really no secrets on cooking with a Traeger.  If you want a little smoke taste put it on smoke for 30 minutes and then turn the heat to 350 and finish cooking.  You will be able to Bake or Grill depending on the heat applied.  Go to Fishermansbelly.com for some great ideas on cooking fish.  You are going to love that Traeger.  Remember if you are looking it's not cooking so keep the door closed
If can, can.  If no can, no can.