Author Topic: 2019 Outback  (Read 272 times)

Offline Big_Mac

• Striper
  • CCKF Lifestyle
2019 Outback
« on: October 25, 2018, 12:37 AM »
I don't know about all of you....but the new Outback has caught my eye. I just have a concern over it's ability to take any swell. I've been watching a few YouTube videos showing people taking on water thru the front hatch. What is everyone's thought on that? A lot of people are saying that the old Outback is much better for surf/offshore conditions.  Here is a video of a guy going thru some surf that looks pretty typical for one of the days off our coast.

I love fishing.  You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end.  Your imagination is under there.  ~Robert Altman

Offline thebentrod

• The Man
  • Mackeral
Re: 2019 Outback
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 06:14 AM »
I was all over the new Outback 2019.  I have a 2016 Outback.  I love everything about it but the following.

Thin, exposed rudder. - This will not hold up while getting ready to launch in the surf in my area.  My areas have rocks to deal with and the kayak will go side to side while I am waiting for the right break in the waves.  I would hate to be on the water and find out my rudder is broken and I can't turn.  This kayak is wider than others and makes paddling suck.

AND THIS VIDEO!   I can't be dealing with water getting in to the kayak.  I am out in those conditions myself from time to time.  I may not have started the day with those conditions, but they sometimes turn.

I will have to wait until the next version of Outback.
I fish therefore I am.

Offline H2joe

• Rainbow Trout
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 01:38 PM »
If your looking for a kick-ass Camo 2018 Outback, and not trying to steal it, I may know someone selling one.................

Offline Big_Mac

• Striper
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 10:01 PM »
If your looking for a kick-ass Camo 2018 Outback, and not trying to steal it, I may know someone selling one.................

Thanks H2Joe.....But I think I'm a little ways out when it comes to buying one. I'm sort of waiting for the hype to cool down to get some real reviews on the new 2019. Hell...I might just wait for the 2020 model to see if they take care of any issues. Plus....I'm still trying to save up for one. Now if things like new landscaping...new couch for the living room....and Christmas would stop getting in the way, I'd be golden.  ::)
I love fishing.  You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end.  Your imagination is under there.  ~Robert Altman

Offline billydog

• Salmon
  • lets go fishing
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 07:33 AM »
I think im going to wait I think I will to cant find one to demo
when im on the water im free lake ocean river its all good

Offline PacificViking

• Striper
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 07:34 PM »
If you want to fish off shore get a Viking Profishreload or a Stealth profisha.