Author Topic: Self rescue  (Read 293 times)

Offline Crazyhook

• The soaker
  • Tree Rockfish
  • CCKF Lifestyle
Self rescue
« on: May 24, 2019, 10:54 PM »
Self Rescue is something we all need to learn plus always always wear your PFD because you never know when youíll be going over. Good thing this guy had his buddies with him or it could of ended pretty bad. 

I happen to come across this video on YouTube so if this is you or your video Iím sharing it for safety of others.

Leff

Soaking my bait and no need to wait, bam bam fish on!

Offline RHYAK

• Kayak Safety 1st
  • Administrator
  • White Seabass
  • S.K.
    • CCKF
Re: Self rescue
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 05:47 PM »
Self Rescue is something we all need to learn plus always always wear your PFD because you never know when youíll be going over. Good thing this guy had his buddies with him or it could of ended pretty bad. 

I happen to come across this video on YouTube so if this is you or your video Iím sharing it for safety of others.

Leff

Thanks for sharing man.

definitely a reminder of the importance of practicing self-rescue every once in a while.
1st place 2015 Angler of the Year
1st place Estero Bay Challenge 2

Offline lopezcador

• Yellow Eye
    • Lopezcador
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 09:35 PM »
Safety is the key- even today @ Leff it was dicey OTW. A fire department zodiac went out south towards Harvey st. to assist someone. Buddy up indeed.
Estero bay 2015- 10th place 2- fish cat.   Estero bay - 2016 1st place - cabby cat.

Offline Bxavier

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2019, 12:55 PM »
A must learn for sure. I go belly to middle of kayak, then invert butt into seat. Practice in pool or calm water. B. Xavier

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Self rescue and helping buddies out OTW are definitely important skills to learn and practice, never know when you can go in.  That video conditions looked pretty calm and someone still went in.

Speaking from experience self rescue skills are a must have out there.

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff       Wildy Thresher 140
                                                            Wildy Radar 135
ProKayakFishing.com fishing team
ACA Member