Author Topic: Clash of the Kayaks - Channel Islands Harbor Launch  (Read 164 times)

Offline Fisheye Channel

• Crappie
  • Capturing the excitement of fishing with the lens.
    • Fisheye Channel - Fishing Videos
Clash of the Kayaks - Channel Islands Harbor Launch
« on: June 07, 2019, 09:39 AM »
Clash of The Kayaks Fishing Tournament Announcement!
Join us October 12 for a fun day of Kayak Fishing and BBQ at Channel Islands Harbor. Compete to win Cash and prizes for the three longest fish, and earn the title of the "First Champion of the Clash of the Kayaks” at Channel Islands Harbor, in Oxnard California.

The Clash of the Kayaks fishing tournament is a fundraising tournament being put on by Mission Fish to raise funds for First Responders, Veterans and Active Duty fishing trips. Portions of the Funds raised will be donated to Heroes On The Water-Central Ca Chapter, to take First Responders, Veterans and Active Duty members kayak fishing.

First 10 to Signup will receive a Neverlost Gear Quick Release Leash, custom imprinted with the Mission FISH logo, in their Captains bag at the Tournament.
SignUp Online: http://ianglertournament.com/2019-clash-kayaks

Ricardo Holden

1st Estero Kayak Challenge IV

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
Re: Clash of the Kayaks - Channel Islands Harbor Launch
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 02:43 PM »
Awesome!  Really hoping I can make it, definitely gonna try!

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff       Wildy Thresher 140
                                                            Wildy Radar 135
ProKayakFishing.com fishing team
ACA Member

Offline billydog

• Halibut
  • lets go fishing
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 09:09 AM »
im in
when im on the water im free lake ocean river its all good

Offline Gotya

• Sculpin
  • Practice Catch and Release
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 03:31 PM »
Has anyone participated in this tournament from CCKA in the past. Possibility of teaming up with another person. Have no idea how to fish this area, or what to use. Sounds like fun, and cause.

Offline RHYAK

• Kayak Safety 1st
  • Administrator
  • White Seabass
  • S.K.
    • CCKF
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2019, 04:26 PM »
Has anyone participated in this tournament from CCKA in the past. Possibility of teaming up with another person. Have no idea how to fish this area, or what to use. Sounds like fun, and cause.

This is a brand new event, but swimbaits on structure are gonna be your friend
1st place 2015 Angler of the Year
1st place Estero Bay Challenge 2

Offline Fisheye Channel

• Crappie
  • Capturing the excitement of fishing with the lens.
    • Fisheye Channel - Fishing Videos
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 05:41 PM »
Thanks in the interest for the Tournament Fellas,  a few options for fishing the Tournament. 
1. Head South 2miles and Hit the Rock Structures past the Port of Hueneme. 
2. Fish the Harbor for Halibut and the Breakwall for Rockfish and Bass. 
3. Paddle 3 miles out to La Janelle ship wreck Everything gets caught here, Ive even seen Marlin here.  (only on perfect weather in a group, I've never Kayaked it myself but I know Kayakers who have, I plan to do it one day).   
4. Head North 1 Mile and fish the Power Plant discharge Pipes and scattered structures. 

Anyone interested in getting some intel.
I will be Pre-Fishing on the Friday prior.  I will take anyone who enters the Tournament to one of my Honey Holes and fish the Pipe.  Bass, Halibut Rockfish.

The winner of the Battle of the Bays Channel Islands 2018,  Dale Shaw, who beat me, caught his winning fish at the Channel Islands Breakwall, so staying close worked out for him.   Depending on the water temps there is a lot of Variety of options. 

I fish these waters primarily for Calico Bass, which is evident by my posts, I use Hookup Baits 1.5oz in a few different colors, I always have a bright green or mint, anchovie, brown flake, or red crab, work the structures casting 60-70 feet letting it hit the bottom then it bringing back a few cranks then dropping it again, hitting bottom cranking back a few cranks, working my bait back to the boat using that method, cast and repeat.   I am usually fishing in 30-50 feet of water sometimes 20 feet. 
Ricardo Holden

1st Estero Kayak Challenge IV