Author Topic: New to the group - Intro  (Read 369 times)

Offline brianshoemaker

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
New to the group - Intro
« on: July 12, 2019, 11:26 AM »
Hi All - My name is Brian and I've been fishing Santa Barbara County for the past couple years and recently invested in a hobie PA 14 to broaden my horizons a bit - SUPER stoked. I wanted to post to this group to see if there were any other local SB anglers in the group who would be interested in linking up in the future. I know that networking and getting to know the local, more experienced kayak group, is going to be my best bet to get the most out of this season. Is there anyone in the SB / Ventura etc area that would like to meet up for a session in the future?

Offline Ed

• Anchovy
Re: New to the group - Intro
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 12:46 PM »
Hi Brian, and welcome!
I live and fish San Diego. I make my way up for the kayak fishing events as often as I can.
Id be glad to fish with you, if you ever make your way to, or south of Newport.
Check out the 1st annual clash of the kayaks event this year. Hope to see you there.
🎣🤙

Offline RHYAK

• Kayak Safety 1st
  • Administrator
  • White Seabass
  • S.K.
    • CCKF
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 08:40 PM »
Not a ton of locals to SB area. I fish the harbor every so often and a few of the local reefs and hit Cachuma during the winter. But for the most part north for most of my fishing. But when I do go out its unfortunately usually a weekday between family and work on weekends.
1st place 2015 Angler of the Year
1st place Estero Bay Challenge 2

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 06:54 PM »
Welcome aboard Brian! Definitely a few of us that do venture down to the harbor or Gaviota sometimes.  I am up in Orcutt.

Post to the hookups board and see what happens....

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff       Wildy Thresher 140
                                                            Wildy Radar 135
ProKayakFishing.com fishing team
ACA Member