Author Topic: Bent Shaft Paddle sticker shock!!!  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Big_Mac

• Striper
  • CCKF Lifestyle
Bent Shaft Paddle sticker shock!!!
« on: October 13, 2016, 10:58 PM »
After reading a couple of articles regarding bent shaft paddles, I'm sold on the fact that it may help the tennis elbow that has been bugging me all summer. I started to look around only to find that they are all over $300! Is there something I'm missing here? Is there a cheaper alternative brand I haven't seen? I have a hard time buying stuff so expensive, let alone selling my wife on the purchase.  ::)

I love fishing.  You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end.  Your imagination is under there.  ~Robert Altman

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
Re: Bent Shaft Paddle sticker shock!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 11:28 PM »
  I had a cheap paddle (heavy)for several years early on....Honestly a high quality, very light, bent shaft paddle is worth investing in, IMHO.  It is night and day how much nicer and more enjoyable they are to paddle all day.  I know 300+  is a chunk of change, but it will pay for itself.    I have one i qould be happy to let you demo of you were interested.  hit me up, we can figure out a time

Andy

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff       Wildy Thresher 140
                                                            Wildy Radar 135
ProKayakFishing.com fishing team
ACA Member

Offline Big_Mac

• Striper
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 12:13 AM »
Thanks! I will have to take you up on that. Talk to you soon.
I love fishing.  You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end.  Your imagination is under there.  ~Robert Altman

Offline RHYAK

• Kayak Safety 1st
  • Administrator
  • White Seabass
  • S.K.
    • CCKF
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 12:57 AM »
There is not a great paddle on the market for less then 200 bucks, lots of fancy looking paddles but none that are top of the line.

Think of it as your motor, cause it pretty much is.

1st place 2015 Angler of the Year
1st place Estero Bay Challenge 2