Author Topic: Late Spring Summer Fishing  (Read 5156 times)

Offline AZ Roadrunner

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
Late Spring Summer Fishing
« on: December 26, 2016, 01:14 PM »
New here and looking for advice on fishing Central Coast. Morro Bay or around there north. I live in Chandler, AZ and looking for a good place to fish for lingcod and other bottom fish. Any advice on an RV resort and where to launch would be great. I have gear and yak now need a good place to launch, stay and fish. I have fished Shelter Cove for salmon but a long drive and can't do that every year so hoping to find a close fishing hole to get my gear wet. I have an RV and need to find a good base camp (RV Resort) and a launch site for the yak.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Phillip

Old Town Predator 13

Offline Crazyhook

• The soaker
  • Largemouth Bass
  • CCKF Lifestyle
Re: Late Spring Summer Fishing
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 05:54 PM »
Morro bay has a lot of rv or camp sites but the one I've seen that looks nice and clean is at the south of Morro Bay by the golf course. It's a good choice because your pretty close to all the hot spots like MDO, windmills, to leffingwell. If the water looks good and I'm off work I'll join or be fishing out there.
Soaking my bait and no need to wait, bam bam fish on!

Offline AZ Roadrunner

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 06:39 AM »
Thank you for the advice. I will check it out. I see many head North to Cambria. Is there much difference in fishing potential from Morrow Bay area to Cambria? Both areas look nice for kayak fishing.
Old Town Predator 13

Offline Crazyhook

• The soaker
  • Largemouth Bass
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 07:47 AM »
From my experience I have not catch much in Morro Bay, some locals know where to go and catches halibut and sharks but I head up to Cambria its nicer and fishing is great.
Soaking my bait and no need to wait, bam bam fish on!

Offline RipTide aka Cor-Dawg

• Yellow Eye
  • Get Some Action!
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 09:44 AM »
From my experience I have not catch much in Morro Bay, some locals know where to go and catches halibut and sharks but I head up to Cambria its nicer and fishing is great.
X2
«˘obra ° ˘ommanders» ™
8th place in CCSD-IV
*RipTide* 2006 21'20 Parker

Offline AZ Roadrunner

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 10:10 AM »
Thank you, that's what I've read also about Cambria versus Morro Bay. I didn't see many RV spots close to the water around Cambria. Still looking.

Thank you for the feedback.
Old Town Predator 13

Offline billydog

• Halibut
  • lets go fishing
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 11:06 PM »
san Simeon camp grounds  is one mile from leff  nice camping simple camping nice store is Cooky crook best deal in town
when im on the water im free lake ocean river its all good