Author Topic: Hello new to Kayak Fishing  (Read 891 times)

Offline rackhenry@gmail.com

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
Hello new to Kayak Fishing
« on: August 05, 2019, 08:59 PM »
Hello,

I just picked up a Hobie PA12 and giving kayak fishing a shot.

Ive been ocean fishing all my life for the most part East Coast and West now, however most of that was on larger boats. This is my first go at kayak fishing. Not sure what to expect, but definitely enjoy being on the ocean.

Im in Ventura County but very keen on trying bottom fishing on the central coast. I see that Cambria Leffingwell landing is a popular spot  for bottom fish. Is it possible to launch and recover a Pro Angler 12 there? Assuming that is the case, where does one find info on structure to fish from?

Cheers and thanks

Offline Chacon

• Crappie
  • About to get my first fishing tattoo..
Re: Hello new to Kayak Fishing
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 09:28 AM »
Welcome! You can definitely launch Leffingwell easily. There is a boat ramp that backs within 20yds of the ocean. As far as finding structure, I typically just paddle straight out till the kelp ends and watch the fish finder till I find structure and fish. The place is loaded. Bring squid and some jigs and you will be golden. Good luck

Offline lopezcador

• Leopard Shark
    • Lopezcador
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 08:42 PM »
Welcome abroad, the PA should be no problem at Leff. Timing is everything. c u at the slam down.
Estero bay 2015- 10th place 2- fish cat.   Estero bay - 2016 1st place - cabby cat.

Offline rackhenry@gmail.com

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 06:29 AM »
Looking forward to it. What do you all recommend for clothing up in that area, I know the water is mid 50, so I really have no idea what kind of clothing I need.

Thanks