Author Topic: Coronavirus Situation  (Read 913 times)

Offline Douglas

• Lizardfish
Coronavirus Situation
« on: March 21, 2020, 08:30 AM »
Has the coronavirus situation to the best of your knowledge shut down travel to and from the coast area? Rumor is San Luis Obispo is citing people traveling that are not an essential part of the work force or going after essential items groceries, Dr. visit etc. Had hopes to visit the area in April for some fishing but that's kinda up in the air right now.

Offline JJ

• Bluegill
Re: Coronavirus Situation
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 09:08 AM »
I think there way to many rumor's going around.

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 10:36 PM »
There is quite a long list of businesses that are allowed to stay open during this statewide closure- there are going to be people out and about quite frequently and law enforcement is not doing any check points or randomly stopping people just for being on the roadways at this point

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff       Wildy Thresher 140
                                                            Wildy Radar 135
ProKayakFishing.com fishing team
ACA Member

Offline Douglas

• Lizardfish
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 02:52 PM »
Let me know if anything changes. They've shut down the local lakes etc. around here.

Offline Squawfish

• Lingcod
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 06:31 AM »
They "shut down" our local lake, Kaweah by closing parking lots and boat ramps.  Now everyone just parks on the highway and walks down.  Someone had a kayak out there yesterday. 
Orange Hobie Outback

Offline Douglas

• Lizardfish
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 07:58 AM »
Trying to find out if we can still launch out of Leffingwell. Was told a lot of the parking has been closed up. Can anyone confirm?

Offline H2joe

• Tree Rockfish
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 09:20 AM »
If you have a kayak dolly you should be good at Leffingwell. Park off road.  You have the right to hunt for dinner on the ocean.  It's exercise and it's collecting food and slo county officials are not stopping either of those two activities.  I looked it up online yesterday. When i start coming from valley i will have everything so i dont need to stop and interact along the way.  I'm taking away all bs talking points for stopping me, off the table.  I'd also say im staying locally but that's just me stretching the truth a bit.

Offline Douglas

• Lizardfish
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 07:46 AM »
Thanks for the info. I may try and head over there around the 13th. Crossing my fingers.