Author Topic: Not new, never posted!  (Read 986 times)

Offline Mr. C

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
Not new, never posted!
« on: April 07, 2020, 01:07 PM »
Man, I donít know why I havenít participated here. Iíve e been fishing out of a kayak for 4 years now... here in Monterey Bay. Iíve learned a lot on my own and through watching YouTube. But definitely would like to learn a lot more! Local school teacher on spring break, and pretty much locked down due to the pandemic, Iíve got time on my hands. And motivation! (Firstl, should say Iím glad I didn't get booted for inactivity. If thereís an admin here reading this, I just tried to register againóthen thought to just sign inósorry for any extra work or confusion!) Now that the rockfish season is open (been out once), Iím stoked for another season. In fact, Iíve about got my wife on board with buying a new yak. I definitely want to get into a Hobie. Will be looking for advice what model is best for MB, Central and Nor Cal Coast. Looking forward to being an active member here, finally! Thanks to all the people who started this and keep it running!

Offline Squawfish

• Lingcod
Re: Not new, never posted!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 06:24 AM »
Welcome Mr. C.  Hope to see you on the water.   BTW, Hobie's are great, peddle all day and don't get tired, fish and peddle at the same time.  If wind comes up Hobie Outback cuts through it, etc... Mine is an older model but has held up very well with all the abuse I give it.
Orange Hobie Outback

Offline Mr. C

• Seagull
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 12:47 AM »
Appreciate the welcome, and the input. I was on YouTube today researching... a guy did a side-by-side comparison the Oldtown Predator pdf, and the Outback, 2020 models. The guy loves the Hobie, unless offshore... waves slapping, breaking over bow, water entering through hatch. I was ready to buy today until I saw that. Will do some more checking around. I donít know, is that just happening with the newer Outback models? A lot of guys seem happy with the 2019. Plenty of info on the two... not going to rush it. Pretty sure Iíll go Hobie though.

Offline Kylecogan

• Seagull
  • Practice Catch and Release
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 07:35 AM »
Hey there I was ready to buy that sportsman as well. The hobies are tried and true tested and solid. That's what kept me on them. The old town has the bigwater or bigwave or something like that if you don't want to get wet I think they say that one handles chop the best. The Hobie outback and the pro angler are solid. The pro angler is and amazing beast of a yak. There is a tiny little blonde lake Fisher on YouTube that handles one so don't be intimidated by it. If you can't ride in them yourself that's best. Old towns look awesome though so just get what works for you.
Cheers. Also hit me up I want to get out. Maybe meet in big sur????