Author Topic: New Kayak  (Read 878 times)

Offline Kylecogan

• Seagull
  • Practice Catch and Release
New Kayak
« on: May 08, 2020, 10:46 AM »
Hey there guys. First time posting here. I used to own a Hobie Outback but I sold it. I am now in the market for another kayak. I was wondering what everyone thinks of all the pdl drive kayaks out there and even the motorized ones. Old town makes some cool looking ones. The pro anglers are obviously nice but expensive. Anyways I can't wait to get something and get on the water. Also if anyone has used ones shoot them over.
Thanks very much.

Offline Dogpound

• Administrator
  • Halibut
  • CCKF4L
Re: New Kayak
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 10:45 AM »
Welcome aboard Bro!

A lot of good boats out there right now, best to figure out your budget and what you want and need in a boat.  Demo if at all possible.  Personally I love my Wilderness Systems radar 135, but again what may be right for me isn't right for everyone.  Definitely worth looking into, Central Coast Kayaks in Shell Beach can be a good place to start and demo some boats.

Good luck in the search

PRO Kayak Fishing

Wilderness Systems Pro Staff       Wildy Thresher 140
                                                            Wildy Radar 135
ProKayakFishing.com fishing team
ACA Member

Offline Taed

• Olive Rockfish
  • CCKF Lifestyle
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 08:12 PM »
Great Idea to demo if you can, Check out up grads in the future for your top choices, improved drives "power" rails ++?
Please keep use informed a lot of us  dreaming of a peddle  drive kayak too.

good luck
Prowler 13
Taed's Orthotics & Prosthetics

Offline Kylecogan

• Seagull
  • Practice Catch and Release
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 07:28 AM »
Hey thanks for the responses. Called a few places and I couldn't demo what I wanted to. Found a pro angler 12 for sale and jumped on it. Had the outback before and loved it.
Can't wait to get out with you guys. If you guys do any group meets I'd love in. I'm super chill not a weirdo I'll just bug you with questions probably.
Cheers and can't wait for the ocean to calm down so I can get out there. Taking the new rig to the bay to float around and try it all out this weekend.
Thanks